Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Full Circle


I had a realization on Sunday. 

It’s been about a week since I returned from my most recent missions trip to Jakarta, Indonesia. It was an incredible journey, and I’d like to share a portion of it with you.

From the moment we landed, I was hit with a rush of memories. I had been to Jakarta back in the summer of 2010, exactly three years previous. The people we met, the bible college we ministered at, and the churches we visited were all coming back to me. I was also beginning to remember who I was back then; my thoughts, my values, and my struggles.

As I was reminded of these things, there were faint pangs of regret in my heart. I was still growing in maturity back then, and I would act quite foolish at times. But God was doing something incredible in the midst of it.

Now here is the realization I had: Everything has come full circle with this trip.

One of the standout moments for me on this trip was the seminar I gave at the IKAT Orientation Retreat. The topic I was given was “Christian Vocation,” and in the seminar I shared a little bit about my journey in finding my call in media ministry. The key points that were highlighted to me as I prepared were these:
  1. You are loved.
  2. You are a part of the Body of Christ.
  3. You are unique.
But looking back on this message, I started to laugh because three years ago, these were the EXACT three areas that I was still struggling in. I used to constantly fear rejection, I used to constantly feel alone, and I used to always wonder if I was gifted or special.

Yet there I stood, with a microphone in my hand, completely free! And not only that, during the altar call after the message, you could see that they too were being set free of similar struggles!

God’s work in my life continually blows me away! But for me, this trip was almost like a journey down memory lane, and I could only stand in awe of how different I am today than I was three years ago. I rejoice in my God!

-----

“And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.” Philippians 1:6 (ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment